Friday, May 31, 2013

'This is Paradise' Layout by Helen Tilbury






Me again!  HELEN here!!  The last layout I'm sharing with you
 this month is one I created using this months sketch from Paperhaus.  


I used a couple of lovely neutral Purple Pumpkin elements in here,
can you spot them?  Firstly I used the suede flower to the left of
the layout, which I cut into 3/4 & 1/4 & used the smaller piece
down to the right under the fussy-cut flower stack.


Cutting your flowers is a great way to make your stash go further,
and if you are going to have them looking like they are coming
out from under something (like here where mine looks like it is
coming out from under the photo) you may aswell not waste any
part of it so rather cut it up & use your extra piece elsewhere!


Here you can see the music note button I used peeking out at
the top right.  I inked it up with brown ink & sponged some 
gesso on the top of it too.


Above you can see the smaller part of the suede flower peeking
out from under the other fussy-cut paper flowers.

I can't see this flower in the store at the moment but I did come
across these awesome fancy bling-centred flowers HERE -
I think those look pretty awesome!!  And you can buy the button
I used HERE.  That's a link to the exact XL one I used - I find 
them very handy for layering under things & adding dimension.

I have lots more close up & instructions up on my blog for this
layout if anyone is interested in how I created it & what I used.

Thanks for looking & I would love to know if any of you have
thought of cutting up your flowers too!  I hope you will try it!!



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh gosh this is absolutely stunning!! Love the details in this layout and that flower is gorgeous :-)

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Awesome work!!!! :D Love your work!!

Unknown said...

Love it Helen. Gorgeous colors !!

Lili Sulastri said...

Pretty layout and great tips. I love the colours.