Friday, September 7, 2012

Hello from Sarah G :)

Hi everyone. Its my turn to share a little bit of inspiration with you today and I have two pages that I recently created using my beautiful Purple Pumpkin stash :)

 
Here in NZ we celebrated the first day of Spring just a few days ago. This gorgeous Woodland park paper from October Afternoon reminded me of beautiful spring days and summer just around the corner (I hope!!)
 I took these photos a couple of weekends ago in our garden. They are not the best quality photos but they really spoke to me - the look of pure delight on Sophie's face is priceless and I love those little bony knees on the main photo, and her little hands gripping the rope as tightly as she can. These are the details of my little girl right now that I don't ever want to forget.
The little envelope was leftover from my Kaisercraft collections and co-ordinated perfectly with the rest of the OA paper. The butterfly strip peeping out of the envelope was a happy accident. I intended to cut out individual butterflies from the butterfly paper and I popped the paper strip into the envelope to come back to it later. When I did continue working on my page several hours later I decided that I really liked the way it looked and decided to stich it down there and then!
Now for the Purple Pumpkin goodies :)
Check out that cute yellow heart - it is from Purple Pumpkin, as are the purple mini-doily and the pink polka dot button. I use PP buttons on almost every page that I make - they are just so versatile and often add just the right 'finishing touch' to a page. Oh, and the bakers twine is PP too ofcourse.
 
My second page uses my other current favourite patterned paper collection - Amy Tangerine
 
 
 
Benji is such a cute little imp and wearing his new underpants on his head is such a perfect reflection of his personality. I painted and inked my base papers to make the photos 'pop'. Just look at that cute 'Elmo' button. Isn't it just the perfect embellishment for these photos. Elmo's grin matches Benji's to a tee :)) Sometimes more can be less and in this case just one button was the perfect finishing touch to my page.
 
Have a great weekend wherever you are - find time to make memories and to scrap them too :)))
 
Sarah G

1 comment:

apapelouca.blogspot.com said...

Gorgeous pages, I love them, specially the first one, I love all pages with kids playing