Thursday, August 23, 2012

It's Chantal here with you today... :)

Hello there!  How are we all on this Thursday/Wednesday, hot/cold/warm day (wherever you may be)?  It's Thursday and it's a real Wintery day here in Adelaide, South Australia... sounds just like scrappin' weather to me! ;)

Now probably most of you all know that I absolutely love using Purple Pumpkin's gorgeous embellishments on my projects - as they are just exactly that - gorgeous!  Sometimes, as gorgeous as they are, I alter them too - to best suit my layout's theme or colour scheme... or maybe because I just can't help myself... it's fun!!!  LOL! :)

Today I'd like to share a layout which I have done exactly that...



This lovely felt flower is from Purple Pumpkin, which I received in the Girl's Lucky Dip bag (along with the lace trim and panda ribbon also used on my layout).  

Now here's how I've altered the flower; I've outlined the pink felt using a pink Zig writer (around the outside edges and drawn a half-line from the centre of each petal), layered some Crochet Doilies underneath (cut up of course ;)), stuck some pins  around it, wrapped some Aqua Baker's Twine around the pink button in the centre and finally I topped off the button with a bead...



I've used up a full yellow crochet doily on my page.  I've simply trimmed around the outside of one and used the off-cuts all over my layout... for extra "pop" and to compliment and balance this lovely bright colour.

There's also a couple of pink crochet doily off-cuts used as "leaves" around the flower.  Love my doily off-cuts! ;)



I've also got a Resin Flower on there from the ace Resin Flower 10 Pack, found in store here.

I've made my own background by roughly cutting up patterned paper squares and machine stitching them onto cardstock.  That's what I call loving a collection so much that you just use the whole lot up on one layout... almost! ;)

Don't forget, there is plenty of time to get your entries in for this month's awesome Recipe Challenge!!!  We'd love to see you join in, if you haven't already! :D

 That's all from me for today, TFL! :)

Cheers,
Chantal
xo

5 comments:

Vicky Varvadouka said...

Wow! So happy & bright! I love the button circle!!!!

Sarah said...

Another Chantal masterpiece!! Your pages are always so fun and happy :)))

lavina agarwal said...

that is such a gorgeous lo..love the picture n the cute buttons too

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Thanks so much girls! xo

Elaine coustley said...

Love your fantastic layout Love all the buttons , colour and the beautiful happy photo really stands out amongst it all.x