Monday, June 18, 2012

Hi from Freezing NZ!!


I'm not joking it is really cold (5 degrees c) - well by Auckland standards anyway. Good excuse to stay inside and scrap though.
I would like to share this page with you today that I did for my DT challenge at Another Freaking Scrappy Challenge blog.The theme is 'Father's/Grandfather's', or 'father figures'. Here is the sketch that you need to use.

My photos were taken on Benji's 3rd birthday. His Oma and Opa were visiting with presents for him and we opened them in the garden together. Benji chose to sit on Opas knee whilst he opened his gifts and I'm not sure who had the most fun, Benji or Opa!
My papers are from the Kaisercraft 'Fine and Sunny' collection (with a few scraps of October Afternoon). I really love the bright colours and fun prints of this collection. It is one of my fav. Kaisercraft releases ever. Since all my photos were the same size I used tags to give the impression of the graduated heights shown on the sketch.
Look at those adorable Purple Pumpkin fabric/leather flowers and fabric buttons. They really enhance the page. Don't be afraid to alter your PP embellishments - the flowers initially had a small button in the centre but I replaced them with larger fabric buttons which matched my page better. I made the two flowers from one larger one which I separated. I am addicted to Bakers twine too - PP has such a huge range of colours that there is twine to match every page or project. Here I used an aqua /white twine. To get the twine exactly where I want it I first draw the path that I want it to take in pencil then go over the pencil line with a glue pen before adhering the twine to my page.
Well thats it from me for now. Thanks for looking at my work and have a great week :))

No comments: