Friday, May 20, 2011

Gorgeous and Girly...

Just to even the score a little I thought I had better get cracking with some girl layouts. I seem to be doing a lot of layouts for my son because I have been so inspired by all of the Purple Pumpkin boy buttons and twine. However, there are just as many absolutely beautiful girl buttons and embellishments.

For this first layout I really wanted to use the Graphic 45 Once Upon A Springtime papers. The button and doily weren't quite the right colour for the papers though. SO the solution?? Yep, you guessed it...I got out my old favourite...Sand Glimmermist. Just a light spray over the beautiful floral button and doily and they were perfectly coordinated. Sam's embellishments are such good quality that they really can handle a bit of altering. So if you find that any of your embellies aren't quite the right colour for your project, don't be afraid to grab some Glimmermist (it doesn't have to be Sand) or ink or even gesso or white paint. Just remeber it is always easier to apply a little to start with and then add a bit more colour if you need to rather than try to remove some if you apply too much...



...Here is a close-up of the button and doily so you can see how I have altered them with the Glimmermist...



...This second layout is one I created using a palette from The Colo(u)r Room. It is a completely different look to the first layout with lots of vibrant colours. I have used doilies, mini doilies and the sweetest gorgeous girl button...



...and a little close-up of that sweet button with the doilies...



...Isn't that the most adorable button? I used that button the very day I received it in the mail. That's how much I love it!!

Thanks so much for visiting and for your lovely comments. We truly appreciate each and every one and hope you are feeling inspired by all of the Design Team's projects. Don't forget to come back tomorrow for some more fabulous inspiration and...

...have a happy weekend!!
Belinda

9 comments:

Sar said...

Gorgeous post Bel, so damn pretty!!!

Alanna said...

Love them both Belinda - especially the first one. Might just have to scrap lift it ;)

Nati Tristan said...

That's definitely gorgeous work!

Anne P said...

Just beautiful. Love what you have done with these buttons.

Unknown said...

ahhhh just simply DEVINE!!!! Love how you 'age' your buttons...very inspiring! have a great weeekend too :))x

Anonymous said...

the are goooorrrrrrgeous!!!!
cant stop looking at the details
take care
shar
utube: shanjamorjor

Kelly Massman said...

Beautiful work! My fave is the first one. I love that paper collection, and you used it especially well! :-)

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Stunning work! Love them both heaps!!! :)

Alanna said...

I used this LO for inspiration on a LO I have just completed for a challenge. Thanks Belinda! You can see my LO here:

http://scrapping-and-life.blogspot.com/2011/05/dream.html